On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:49:56 +0300 Yavor Doganov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Yann Le Boulanger wrote:
> >
> > we already have that since some releases. just install dbus and
> > libnotify and this will work in Gajim too:
>
> I have libnotify/notification-daemon and I get notification pop-ups,
> but there are no buttons to press on the notification window (Debian
> testing, Gajim 0.10, dbus 0.61).  I couldn't find such a feature in
> the advanced settings as well.  dkirov mentioned that this work is in
> progress.

Click on notification in Gossip is interpreted as "Close
notification". In Gajim it is interpreted as "Open chat window", which
is more intuitive. Gajim doesn't need a button, which will do the same.
Here: http://trac.gajim.org/ticket/1537 the issue was widely discussed.

There is no exact HIG for notifications and each application brings its
own understanding. Maybe this is the main problem.

__
D.Kirov