Hello,

I'd like to write something that does the same that gtalk does (i.e update status with the played song) for gajim and rhythmbox.

Gajim has a class that do that very well, named gajim-remote, I've seen some examples. But all these examples were plugins for the music player, and I don't think (in my very humble opinion) it's the right way to do it.

Rhythmbox has it's own Dbus API, and I think Gajim should connect to it and recieve events from it.

So i'm asking you if I'm right or wrong about it?

And is Gajim using other Dbus connection from another program (to have some example)?

Thanks

Joel Dimbernat