2006/8/21, Jan Claeys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Op zo, 20-08-2006 te 12:59 +0200, schreef Joel Dimbernat:
> 2006/8/20, Le Boulanger Yann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>         What you'd like is that gajim knows every dbus interface of
>         every player nd handle them ? I don't think it's a good idea.
>         there are too many, and what if a player changes his API ?

> I understand you right, but on the other hand should every music
> player implement every dbus interface of every IM program and handle
> them?

You might want to have a look at JEP-118:
<http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0118.html >

This is how Quod Libet supports this (through a plugin):
<http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet/browser/trunk/plugins/events/jep118.py?rev=HEAD >

--
Jan Claeys

Thanks Jan!

I see that Quod Libet support the JEP by creating an XML file. But then how should this file be used by an IM program?
Maybe using Inotify to look for change into it and then publish the new status?

Or do you think gajim should handle it connecting (for example) rhythmbox dbus (as I did it), but using that JEP xml schema to publish the info?

Joel