2006/8/23, Jan Claeys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Op ma, 21-08-2006 te 21:32 +0200, schreef Joel Dimbernat:
> I see that Quod Libet support the JEP by creating an XML file. But
> then how should this file be used by an IM program?
> Maybe using Inotify to look for change into it and then publish the
> new status?

I think so.

> Or do you think gajim should handle it connecting (for example)
> rhythmbox dbus (as I did it), but using that JEP xml schema to publish
> the info?

It would be better if there was some sort of an API that both jabber
clients and music players can implement their side of (maybe in a
plugin), and then every jabber client would work with every music
player...  :)

(JEP-118 could be part of such an API)

--
Jan Claeys

Does Gajim works with galago?

Maybe it could be one way to deal with it? Galago could have such the API you describe and then music players and IM could interact through it...