James Newton wrote:

> +#include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>
> +#include <CoreServices/CoreServices.h>

If there's a way NOT to use CoreFoundation and Core* in principle, by
all means please try to.  It is not implemented in GNUstep (yet).
Some time ago I spent few restless nights trying to port AbiWord's
MuckOS port to GNUstep and failed miserably mainly because of this.  I
find it outrageous that free programs are being ported to proprietary
OSes anyway, instead of extending them to work better on variants of
the GNU system.  But I'm not a Gajim developer so my opinion doesn't
count here.

Frustratingly, 85% of the traffic on this list was Windoze-oriented.
Now it'll be 85% Windoze and 10% Muck OS X.