Am 16.12.2008 um 22:50 schrieb Yavor Doganov:

This is entirely inappropriate.

There is nothing wrong in a partially translated program; otherwise
msgfmt would consider untranslated/fuzzy messages a critical error.

Removing incomplete translations has only nefarious effects: It is an
insult to translators' work, it is a disservice to users who still
prefer using programs in their native language, and it is a impolite
to those who take advantage of the LANGUAGE environment variable and
may use only a subset of the translated strings as fallback.

Fortunately, only a few free software projects do this (Mozilla, OOo,
Claws Mail, ...), and it is very disturbing to see Gajim joining them
in this bad practice.

No translation is better than a wrong and unmtaintained translation. Especially when this can even compromise security as important things are not translated well enough. We therefore decided to only keep translations for which we have a maintainer. If you don't agree with the removal of a specific language, feel free to volunteer as a maintainer for it. But that means you have to verify the translation makes sense etc.

--
Jonathan