Mateusz Biliński wrote:
> Hi.
> What would you say about Weekly Bug Party? I'm not talking here about
> bugs solving, but deciding what to do with filed tickets.
>
> The idea is to meet for one hour (or so), each week and decide what to
> do with newly created tickets. This could involve:
>   - setting the real priority of ticket
>   - assigning tickets to devs (epsecially those that were set to high
> priority)
>   - assign tickets to versions (milestones)
>   - closing invalid tickets
>   - transferring ticket to be handled (decided what to do with it)
> next week on another WBP [Weekly Bug Party]
>   - evolving: commenting (getting additional info from users), setting
> more appropriate component, fixing/adding tags
>
> This is probably something that Asterix (and some other people from
> time to time) does all the time. The idea is to face all those tickets
> in Trac and prioritize them. I think collaboration is a good way here,
> as there is lots of opened tickets. When we work out all those old
> tickets WBP will be all about tickets filed during last week (or those
> transferred to be handled that week).
>
> Of course everyone would be still encouraged to perform all of the
> above mentioned actions outside WBP time window :)
>
> Preparation here would involve:
>   * creating new report on Trac [1] that shows all unassigned tickets
> sorted by date (I guess newest tickets go first as these correspond to
> current version and are more urgent to solve; by each WBP we could go
> deeper into forgotten lands)
>   * decide when WBP should take place (I guess some late evening hours
> would be acceptable) - of course this could be changeable.
>
> What do you think about it? :>
>
> This is inspired by Scons WBP [2]
>
> [1] http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracReports
> [2] http://www.scons.org/wiki/BugParty

First I think it's a good idea to gather all dev from time to time.

But what I wonder is: is this meeting usefull? It seems I'm the only one
to read / comment / fix tickets for a long time. I think that this mean
all dev are busy for some time. Am I wrong? Do some other dev find this
kind of meeting usefull?