Am 28.01.2010 um 08:10 schrieb Yann Leboulanger:

Gajim 0.11.4 is more than 2 years old and is not really maintained
anymore. But yes it's supposed to support STARTTLS. This idle thing is
not really a problem, it's quite impossible to reproduce it. But that's
clearly not the problem Peter is describing.

Yup, this clearly is not the problem he is having, but I thought it be worth mentioning so he is warned, as this bug is really nasty and hit me several times.

Peter, if somehow possible, use a newer version. For example, 0.11.4 also does not verify certificates on STARTTLS, because it only uses Python's SSL sockets, newer versions use PyOpenSSL which does support verifying the certificate.

--
Jonathan