Am 06.05.2010 um 13:46 schrieb Remigiusz Modrzejewski:

> Hi!
>
> It seems that development of the OS X branch is lagging behind.

Yes, I discontinued it, as I got tired of updating it all the time, as it was
stated that the branch is never going to get merged anyway.

Back when I started the branch, there were some severe bugs with autoconf +
libtool, preventing compilation completely (libtool would always try to mix
flags that exclude each other). I asked back then and nobody cared at all about
finding a solution and nobody had a veto when I said I was going to change the
buildsys, as that seemed the most easy way back then.

But nowadays, everybody complains I changed the buildsys, there were demands I
port it back to autotools etc. I got tired of all that and abandoned the port.

> Is it continued at all? Are there any significant problems with it? I'm
> thinking about devoting some time to bringing it to current version, but
> haven't investigated yet on how much work would it be...

See the above problems. Basically, you need to look for all source changes in
the OS X branch, port them to the default branch and fix automake and libtool.

Then again, Gtk on OS X is still a PITA. A PITA that huge that I actually
switched back to Adium and only start Gajim for server administration (Adium's
support of Ad-hoc commands is painful).

--
Jonathan