On 12/03/2010 10:00 PM, will lucas wrote:
Hello,

I am really needing some help in installing Gajim on Mac os X 10.6. I
understand everything up until the point where I have to apply the
patch. I see the patch in the gajim root folder and I use the command
from there “ gajim$ patch < gdk-quartz-keychange.diff” then it asks me
to select a file. I am not sure what I am doing wrong at this step, but
would really appreciate a step by step right after the “sudo port –v
install gtk2 +no_x11+quartz” then control+c. If I cd into the build dir
the patch is not there so I am not sure how I am suppose to apply a
patch in a folder where the patch .diff file isnt located.

This patch has to be applied to GTK sources, not to Gajim sources. This patch is quite old, and I don't know if it's still needed. In any case, it's not a MUST. You can safly ignore this step, you'll just have to press ctrl instead of "MacKey" to copy / paste and all accelerators.