Am 23.05.2011 um 21:52 schrieb Zhihao Yuan:

> if the device is not in use,
> gajim only opens the device for 1 or 2 seconds.

Which is *EXACTLY* the problem. If I start my movie player and someone sends me
a message, I don't have any audio. Depending on how long the sounds is (4
seconds are normal due to fade out), that's quite a long time for a single
message. Having enabled sound for people signing on, I'm pretty much screwed if
I ever want to use my soudcard for something besides Gajim …

So no, if there is no sound player that allows playing sounds with mixing,
Gajim should not play any sounds.

--
Jonathan