On 04/17/2012 01:02 AM, aullidolu...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi!

I'm using Gajim 0.14.4 on Ubuntu oneiric and I install gajim from
launchpad's repo at https://launchpad.net/~gajim/+archive/gajim-ppa

When I try to create any account I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/config.py", line 3613, in
on_forward_button_clicked
     self.save_account(username, server, savepass, password)
   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/config.py", line 3896, in save_account
     con = connection.Connection(self.account)
   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/connection.py", line 688, in __init__
     self.password = passwords.get_password(name)
   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/passwords.py", line 220, in
get_password
     return get_storage().get_password(account_name)
   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/passwords.py", line 80, in get_password
     self.save_password(account_name, password, update=False)
   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/common/passwords.py", line 130, in
save_password
     display_name, attributes1, password, update)
IOError

It seems that you have a problem with your gnome keyring installation. If you don't know how to fix it, you can disable it's usage in Gajim byt deactivating the use_gnome_keyring option in advanced configuration editor. But keep in mind that in this case passwords will be saved unsecurely on your hard disk.
--
Yann