> Personnaly thoses arrows are really too annoying for me. it makes the window
> blinking too much when we receive the XEP-184 answer.

The windows is blinking? I haven't noticed that.

> What about an icon in the banner that shows that the contact supports this
> XEP. And in this case no icon means it's correctly received?

Yeah that could generally work. With some hover-text explaining what
that icon means :)

But could you do me a favor and leave the "patch behavior" there and
configurable? Even if it is in advanced option editor. I quite like it
this way it gives me feel for the message-lag. :)