On 01/10/2013 14:25, ml lists wrote:
Hello all,

Sorry as i expect this is not the best place for the question but I do
not see gajim-users list.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04.3 and want to find the best way to get update
gajim so I can use jingle camera and audio.

I have the same problem as in 821233 which fixed the problem in Gajim
0.15.1.

The problem I have, for Ubuntu there are two way to get gajim.

1. from default repos - but this only come with gajim 0.15

2. I use the gajim PPA on dowloads page - problem is this is not updated
since 2011.

Can anyone suggest how I can get newer gajim with out updating to ubuntu
13.x?

You have 2 options:
 - use tarball
- use debian package. In particular there are packages for 0.16 beta releases. See instructions in the debian section of the website to add my repository.