On 10/01/2013 04:58 PM, ml lists wrote:
Thanks for that.  Is there any way to install the stable release using
the debian method.  Also if I go the debian route while using Ubuntu is
it ok to submit bug reports or should I really be using the ubuntu builds?

You can install deban stable packages if you want. Just get the .deb file from there and install it. It should work well under ubuntu.

I don't know where you want to submit bugs, but indeed if you use those packages, don't submit bugs to ubuntu. submit them to Gajim bug tracker directly : http://trac.gajim.org The only bug you can submit to ubuntu is to ask them to provide new packages.