Hi Doug

First, that's an excellent news that someone tries to build a package
for MacOSX ! We'd be very happy to have one!

The error you poster bellow in because you probably don't have gettext
available. gettext is used to have Gajim translatable. This is the
22.2.3 section of this python doc:
http://docs.python.org/2/library/locale.html#module-locale

--
Yann

On 03/28/2014 06:17 PM, Doug Warner wrote:
> I’m trying to build a package to use gajim on Mac OS X 10.9 with brew.  I
> seem to be running into issues with GTK icons having changed names (similar
> to [1]). I’ve tried both Gajim 0.15.4 and 0.16-rc1 (after also packaging
> python-nbxmpp), both have similar errors.
>
> I’m not sure where exactly to start with this and was hoping you’d have some
> tips on what the dependencies are to try to start narrowing down what needs
> changed where.  I’ll include some details about packages installed and the
> backtrace I’m getting below.
>
> I should also mention that I did review the GajimMacOSX page [2] to try to
> get some tips on how to build it from the macports package but didn’t make
> much progress; I’m guessing due to the package being so old and the
> dependencies having moved ahead.
>
> -Doug
>
> [1] https://trac.gajim.org/ticket/7455#comment:10
> [2] https://trac.gajim.org/wiki/GajimMacOSX
>
> $ gajim
> D-Bus python bindings are missing in this computer
> D-Bus capabilities of Gajim cannot be used
> /usr/local/Cellar/python/2.7.6/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gobject/__init__.py:115:
>  Warning: Attempt to add property
> cell_renderer_image+CellRendererImage::image after class was initialised
>   type_register(cls, namespace.get('__gtype_name__'))
> /usr/local/Cellar/gajim/0.15.4/share/gajim/src/roster_window.py:6622:
> Warning: void g_object_set_qdata(GObject *, GQuark, gpointer): assertion
> 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>   self.window.show_all()
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]