On 16/06/14 14:01, err404 wrote:
> when gajin encounter an serious error, it give a traceback like this (I will
> send a bug report later)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/roster_window.py", line 3273, in
> on_send_single_message_menuitem_activate
>     dialogs.SingleMessageWindow(account, action='send')
>   File "/usr/share/gajim/src/dialogs.py", line 3092, in __init__
>     img = gajim.interface.jabber_state_images['16'][contact.show]
> KeyError: ''

This error is generated automatically by the python interpreter.  While
it could be caught and printed nicer it is generally left as is as the
interpreter does a very good job itself.

A possible solution would be to catch the error at top-level, then print
some debugging info (including the version string) before re-throwing
the error.  This appears to get the best of both worlds.

Cheers,
Kevin