On 06/21/2014 09:36 PM, Kevin Cox wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2014 3:07 PM, "Genghis Khan" <genghisk...@gmx.ca
> <mailto:genghisk...@gmx.ca>> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:01:13 +0200
>> Yann Leboulanger <aste...@lagaule.org <mailto:aste...@lagaule.org>> wrote:
>>

>> Instead of using Spam Filter, I suggest to set trac to make tickets and
>> comments publicly available
> only after being reviewed by a moderator.
>>

> I agree, having an issue tracker that is easy to use is really
> important.  Enforcing moderation will reduce/eliminate the incentive for
> spammers.  Especially if you put a message next to the comment box.
> There will still be bots but I imagine it would be greatly reduced.
>
> If you are worried about the work of moderation I would be willing to
> help.  Otherwise I think it would be worth considering a public issue
> tracker service that has solved the spam problem as I consider an easy
> way to report issues essential to any project.

I completely agree and I'm very very sad that trac is so hard to access.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of free time for Gajim's development,
and if I spend all this time cleaning the daily dozens of account
created and ticket comments, I'll be even more sad.

moderation is not really a good thing as there is something like 20 spam
tickets created for 1 ham ticket. so 20 accounts to delete, 20 tickets
to destroy.

And all this spam is never completely destroyed as it's logged in ML:
https://lists.gajim.org/pipermail/trac_gajim/

What would be better would be a regitration moderation. It seems it's
being developed:
http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/843

If you find a trac plugin that could help, don't hesitate to tell me!