On 07/15/2014 11:33 PM, Florian wrote:

> Another little bug report to the mailing list (I checked today and it
> seems that the creation of new accounts on trac is still disabled):
>
> I would like to use gajim for video/audio calls, but unfortunately it
> does not work. I tried it a couple of times with 0.15.4 in the past, but
> gajim reliably froze when receiving a call. I then decided to wait for
> 0.16, and now with gajim 0.16rc1/rc2 I have given it another try.
>
> Unfortunately I still haven't been able to use it for audio/video call.
> I tried to find a way to report a reproducible error behavior but it's
> hard (and I do not want to spend more than a couple of hours on it). One
> thing which happens often is similar to the behavior I saw on 0.15.4: On
> receiving a call a window pops up asking if I want to answer the call.
> After clicking on "Yes", the window freezes together with the rest of
> gajim and I need to kill gajim. I ran gajim with "gajim -v" but there is
> absolutely no debug output when clicking on "Yes" or afterwards, it
> simply freezes.
>
> Another thing I see is that clicking on the video or audio buttons on
> the chat window, the window changes its size, probably to make space for
> the incoming video frame, and a video frame showing the video from my
> own webcam is shown. The rest of the chat window is not re-drawn
> correctly (some elements are cut in halfs etc) and usually the chat
> window cannot be closed anymore. gajim needs to be killed then.
>
> FWIW, xmpp video calls work very nicely with empathy on the same computer.
>
> Version details:
>
> I installed rc2 on a current debian testing by adding "deb
> ftp://ftp.gajim.org/debian unstable main" to my sources list. farstream
> and various gstreamer plugins are installed.
>
> Thanks for your attention and for your work on gajim and sorry for not
> being able to provide a more straight-forward bug report.
>
> Florian

Hi Florian,

Indeed trac account creation is still disabled, probably not for a long
time anymore.

I never had the behaviour you have: freeze when accepting a receiving
call nor I heard about his behaviour before you. So hard to tell you
something. Maybe you could first try to use audio/video test as input
device in configuration window.

Indeed a undrawn part of the window is shown until we receive the video
of the contact. That's the current behaviour ... But that should not
prevent the chat window to be closed. That looks like the same freeze
behaviour previously explained.

I also use debian and video works ok for me.