On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Yann Leboulanger <aste...@lagaule.org>
wrote:

> That's already a big big work. It has been started and Gajim is usable
> with GTK3. But it needs a lot of love before it's releasable.
> We'll probably do a release once it's done. So that's the main thing on
> the timeline.

That kind of porting is always a big deal. You get some side benefits with
being on the latest libraries, too, since relying on the older version can
make the software feel "old" even if it's in continuous development. As for
version numbers, I rely much more on when a piece of software was released,
and how frequently, than I rely on the version number.

Andrew Diederich
andrewd...@gmail.com