Hello,

I am the developer of Confidant Mail, which is a secure non-SMTP email and file
transfer program. It has its own user metadata mechanism, based on GPG keys
plus some additional information which is self-signed. I would like to add chat
capability, and have no desire to write yet another chat application.

Gajim looks like a good client to use for this. It supports OTR and does not
have the libpurple problem. What I want to do is be able to click on "Chat with
user" from Confidant Mail and have the user's XMPP address and OTR key
inserted into gajim. I know gajim can accept an xmpp: url, but is there an easy
way to feed in an OTR key fingerprint?

Confidant Mail is also written in Python, although it uses wx GUI toolkit.

Thank you,
Mike Ingle
https://www.confidantmail.org