Yann Leboulanger wrote on 07/02/15 21:12:
On 07/01/2015 05:26 PM, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov wrote:
Hello,

I got "UnicodeError: label empty or too long" on some messages in
history. Actual crash happens in idn_to_ascii:

   File "/usr/local/share/gajim/src/common/helpers.py", line 125, in
idn_to_ascii
      converted_labels.append(idna.ToASCII(label))
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/encodings/idna.py", line 73, in ToASCII
      raise UnicodeError("label empty or too long")

Patch attached fixing it (just be sure that label is not empty before
calling idna.ToASCII()).

Hi,

Thanks for the report and the patch. This problem has already been
reported and fixed:
https://trac.gajim.org/ticket/7995

will be in next release.

Ah, sorry about this. Registration in trac still doesn't work for me, so I failed to find this report :p

--
Regards,
Ruslan

T.O.S. Of Reality