Folks;

first, sorry if I am filling the wrong place with user questions but to me this seems the only place to post these; most of the other means of contacts listed in the community wiki [1] seem not active or existent anymore... :(

Questions: We use an openfire server internally, for user-to-user communication and for one or two chat groups for communicating "important" things the whole team needs to know.

(1) In user-to-user chat, I have gajim configured to pop up a new window whenever a new message comes in, which is just how I want. With the team window minimized or hidden however, I regularly miss messages because I haven't found any way to make the group chat window come up whenever there's any activity in there. Is there a way to configure this behaviour?

(2) In the group chat, important messages usually get lost among loads of "user <xy> has joined the group" and "user <yz> has left the group". Can the group chat be configured to suppress such messages? They aren't of much use but greatly distract from actual content... ;)

Thanks in advance and all the best,
Kristian

[1]https://trac.gajim.org/wiki/GajimCommunity