Andrey,

I am in the same boat. The audio/video calls are very tricky and fragile. They
somewhat work sometimes, but seldom and seemingly randomly.
From what I understand, the main factor is either availability of a direct
connection of both or at least one of the clients to the internet (i.e. not
behind router/NAT) or availability of a STUN server for a NATted client.
Sometimes when my peer has a direct connection such as a PC plugged directly
into a DSL modem, or an Android tablet, the calls go through even though I am
behind a router.
Other times when we both are behind a router, it just does not work. But it
also seems that the calls in the same scenarios worked under Jitsi (which I
can't stand, grrr!), so there may be still something that could be done in
Gajim.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Gajim-devel [mailto:gajim-devel-boun...@gajim.org] On Behalf Of Andrey
Utkin
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 6:20 AM
To: gajim-devel@gajim.org
Subject: [Gajim-devel] Bug reports

1. Trac system refused to accept my bugreport submission, saying i'm a spambot.
The bug info is here
https://gist.github.com/andrey-utkin/eca32333a62ed1f6d743
2. Trac system currently pretends that my registered profile doesn't exist. So
I post here.
3. Mailing list archives are not available by link
http://www.lagaule.org/pipermail/gajim-devel/ which is advertised on
http://gajim.org/dev.php 4. Audio/video calls don't work. Tested in Gentoo and
Ubuntu 15.10. I'd like to donate for calls functionality being fixed and
streamlined.
Cannot afford a ton of money, but a couple of hundreds of bucks from me is
possible. I can ask other people to donate more. Calls is what would stop my
girlfriend to think that Jabber is useless :)

Honest comments about development speed and perspectives of further development
are appreciated.

Thanks.

--
OpenPGP usage is appreciated (it also helps your letter to bypass spam
filters). To email me with encryption easily, go