When I am logged into 2 copies of Gajim at 2 different machines, even though
one of them is "away", it still grabs all incoming messages first and I never
see them when at the 2nd box where Gajim is "online".
The 1st box has a better internet connection in terms of downlink speed and
ping times, but the 2nd box is closer to the Jabber server - on the same LAN.
So if I do not remember to go offline on the 1st box, I never know that someone
messages me.
Is that expected behavior?

Jitsi which I used previously never had those issues - no matter how many
instances were logged in simultaneously, they all received the copies of the
same message.

Thank you!
Alex