On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:56:08PM +0100, forenjunkie wrote:
> Hi,
> I pushed some updates, please try current Gajim master branch HEAD and tell
> me if this solves your problem.

Starting from a clean home directory (no pre-existing Gajim config) I
managed to get it running from ./launch.py. I couldn't log in to my
account due to an unrelated python error (details on request) possibly
due to my use of _MIN_NBXMPP_VER = "0.6.6" when it wanted a more
recent version. I was able to confirm that the "soundplayer" variable
was set correctly for OpenBSD and that sounds were played correctly
from the event sound config. I reconfigured the "soundplayer" pref and
confirmed the change was preserved over a stop and start of Gajim.

So great! Thanks for your time and attention. It might be of interest
that the version of Gajim 3 distributed with OpenBSD is working
significantly better than the Gajim 2 shipped with the previous version
of OpenBSD. I only encountered the sound issue with everything else
working as it should.

Bruce