There are two more parameters that the fastq groomer requires,
force_quality_encoding and summarize_input.

Try this:
python /usr/local/src/galaxy-central/tools/fastq/fastq_groomer.py seq.txt
illumina seq_out.txt sanger None summarize_input

force_quality_encoding can be 'None', 'ascii', or 'decimal'.  When this
parameter is set to 'None', the groomer automatically uses the source encoding.
summarize_input  can be 'summarize_input'  or 'dont_summarize_input'

-Dannon