FWIW we use rocks http://www.rocksclusters.org/wordpress/ on one of
our clusters. It has the old/free OS version of SGE as an option which
seems stable and perfectly usable even if it's missing the latest
updates?

Rocks is based on CentOS - most recent release uses 5.4 - is not as
active a project as one might hope, but it seems usable in our hands
and is fairly easy to install and configure, particularly on a uniform
backend.

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Assaf Gordon <gor...@cshl.edu> wrote:
> Slightly off-topic, but for a new Galaxy installation -
> What would you recommend for a free (FOSS) Grid/Cluster management product ?
>
> SGE is not free any more (Oracle Grid Engine is "90-days evaluation, binaries
> only" free, starting 6.2u6).
>
> Ease of administration is top-priority, more than sophisticated scheduling
> policies (and of course it has to be well supported by Galaxy).
>

> Any suggestions ?
>  -gordon

Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH
Associate Professor, HMS; Director of Bioinformatics, Channing Laboratory;
181 Longwood Ave., Boston MA 02115, USA. Tel: +1 617 505 4850
Head, Medical Bioinformatics, BakerIDI;
PO Box 6492, St Kilda Rd Central; Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia; Tel:
+61 385321444