I have used ROCKS before, and it is a convenient way to setup a cluster because it does all the hard work for you and beucause it has many management tools (rocks, tentakel, ...). There are regular (if not frequent) updates too. The main criticism I have for ROCKS is that it's not easily possible to update the system using the distro's standard method (yum).
Florent