Darren,

There isn't a configuration option for controlling this, but the quick fix for
your own use while developing tools would be to comment out the lines in the
cleanup method of the JobWrapper that handle removal of the directory.

The change should be near line 641 of lib/galaxy/jobs/__init__ .py, these two
lines:

            if self.working_directory is not None and os.path.isdir(
self.working_directory ):
                shutil.rmtree( self.working_directory )

-Dannon