They run under a separate Galaxy webapp which you configure using the
reports_wsgi.ini in the Galaxy install directory ( copy reports_wsgi.ini.sample
and make appropriate changes for your local app ).  This is where you'll set a
port, and connect to the same database your Galaxy instance uses.

After setting the config, fire up the reports with:

%sh run_reports.sh

... and direct your browser to the port you've set in the config.

On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Peter Cock wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Greg Von Kuster <g...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> On Feb 3, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> In brainstorming here about how to organise the tools menu in our
>>> local Galaxy, we considered an automatically populated list of the
>>> user's frequently or recently used tools. Unlike a favourites system,
>>> this doesn't require explicit action from the user.
>>
>> This is currently available in the Options menu of the tool panel
>> ( Options -> Show recently used )
>>

> Oh yeah :)
>

>>> That brought us to another thought - does Galaxy track how
>>> often different tools are used? Even if that hasn't been done till
>>> now, it should be possible to trawl the database of all non-purged
>>> histories and tally up usage counts.
>>
>> See the "Jobs per tool" report in the Galaxy reports.
>>

> Where are these Galaxy reports? I don't see anything on the
> admin page.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Greg Von Kuster