Hello Peter,

The idea of altering the description is perhaps best, since you want to rename into a new merged tool.

If the names were the same, then uploading a new version would tag the prior as "Status = archived". Linking many-to-one for an updated version, across new tool names, is not currently an option.

Hopefully this helps,
Jen