Hi Pieter and Nate,

Thanks for the information. I am in the process of having python 2.5.5 installed under "/usr/local/BIMAS/python_255/" on our system. Pieter indicated it was "easy" to setup galaxy to use an alternate installation of python. Any tips on what needs to be changed/configured before setting things up (./setup.sh) and for subsequently running galaxy (./run.sh)?

Thanks again...

At 09:54 AM 2/9/2011, Nate Coraor wrote:
Pieter Neerincx wrote:

> Hi John and Nate,
>
> But to make the tool search work in the web interface you'll need Python 2.5 or higher, so it's probably a better idea to get a newer version of Python anyway. (We have Galaxy on two CentOS servers, installed a newer Python in addition to the OS supplied Python 2.4 and modified the environment for Galaxy so it uses the newer version: was easy to do and works well.)

  --------
  //=\    John Powell, CAPT, Ret.  USPHS Phone: (301) 496-2963
  \=//    Building 12A, Room 2033        FAX:   (301) 402-2867
   //=\   National Institutes of Health
   \=//   Bethesda, MD 20892-5624        Work:     j...@helix.nih.gov
    //=\                                 Personal: jpow...@erols.com
    \=//
     //=\ BioInformatics & Molecular Analysis Section-BIMAS/CBEL/CIT/NIH