Sonali Amonkar wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'm trying to install and run galaxy-dist-8729d2e29b02 on a Linux RHEL 5.5
> box. This machine has no direct access to the Internet. I followed the steps
> listed on the page
> https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/Config/Eggs to download the
> eggs offline and placed them in the correct location.
>
> Now when I try to run Galaxy (sh run.sh), it appears to be stuck trying to
> contact http://128.118.200.71 - this was seen through netstat.
>
> [workflow@vm-ps4121 galaxy-dist]$ netstat -antp | grep tcp
> (Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
>  will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)
> tcp        0      1 10.88.176.157:44233         128.118.200.71:80
> SYN_SENT    5796/python
>
> Why does galaxy try to connect to this server when all the eggs are already
> updated?
>
> My questions are:
>

> 1.       Can galaxy-dist-8729d2e29b02 can be run on a box with no Internet
> access?
>
> 2.       How does one enable this no-Internet-available setting in
> galaxy-dist-8729d2e29b02?

Hi Sonali,

There were two bugs which were preventing all of the eggs from being
downloaded by the egg packaging script.  These are resolved in
5038:559a9ad2844d.  This changeset is available in our in-development
repository.  It will be in the distribution repository at some point
within the next few weeks, or you can pull the bleeding edge directly
with:

  % hg pull -u http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/

--nate