Hi all,

I'm aware that in an individual tool's XML wrapper you can add
hidden="true" to the <tool> element to hide the tool from the
listing shown in Galaxy's left hand panel (but the tool is still
loaded and can be called by old workflows etc).

Can this be done via the tool_conf.xml file as well? This would
seem useful from a system configuration point of view where
it seems wrong to edit the tool wrappers themselves.

In fact, it might also be nice to add hidden="true" support to
<section> as well as <tool> in tool_conf.xml - although I'm not
so sure how useful that would be.