Hello Shaun,

Thanks for your message.

On Feb 11, 2011, at 6:54 AM, SHAUN WEBB wrote:

> Hi, I have notice a few problems which may or may not have been fixed in the
> latest distribution (I am yet to update) but wanted to make you aware.
>
> 1. Non-admin users with add permissions on a library are offered the option
> to upload from file systems path. Should this be restricted to admin users
> only?

Yes, this should be restricted to admin users only as access to the file system
for all users could result in undesired security problems or other issues.

> 2. If a user chooses the option "upload a directory of files" but does not
> have a folder with their username in the library upload directory they get a
> server error. Would be nicer to get a help message that says they are not set
> up for this method and to contact the Galaxy admin.

This issue was corrected in change set 4999.

> 3. If files are being uploaded to a library and I click on the manage jobs
> tab in the admin section I get a server error. This persists until the server
> is restarted.

I am not able to reproduce this behavior in the latest change set, which is
5053.  This change set should be available in the distribution within a few
weeks, or if you want to run the latest code you could pull directly from our
development repo at:

https://<your account>@bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central

Keep in mind that the development repo is less stable than the distribution.

> Thanks for your help!
>
> Shaun
>
> --

Greg Von Kuster