From: galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu
[mailto:galaxy-dev-boun...@lists.bx.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Ryan Golhar
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:29 AM
To: galaxy-dev@lists.bx.psu.edu
Subject: [galaxy-dev] New install problem

Hi - I'm running CentOS 5.5.  My version of python is:

[root@genomes ~]# which python
/usr/bin/python
[root@genomes ~]# python -V
Python 2.4.3

I just downloaded galaxy to run a local instance using:

hg clone http://www.bx.psu.edu/hg/galaxy galaxy_dist

and then tried to run it using 'sh run.sh'.  When I do so, galaxy proceeds to
download eggs that are out of date.  After doing some fetching, I see:

One or more of the python eggs necessary to run Galaxy couldn't be downloaded
automatically.  You can try building them by hand (all at once) with:
   python scripts/scramble.py
Or individually:
   python scripts/scramble.py python_daemon Fetch failed.

What does this mean?

interface at:

  http://lists.bx.psu.edu/

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems