Sonali Amonkar wrote:
> Hi Ryan,
> I think you might want to upgrade your Python version. I was facing this
> issue and Python 2.6.6 version fixed it.

It's correct that there's a bug in the current distribution version that
prevents it from running on Python 2.4.  However, we have a new release
on the way that should run on Python 2.4.  The plan is for it to be
released by Friday.

In the meantime, you can pull from our in-development repository, if
you'd like:

  % hg pull -u http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/

--nate