Nate Coraor wrote:
Christian Dreischer wrote:
Hello community,

I'm new to Galaxy and are currently trying to install a new instance on a
debian system.
So far I installed postgres and created a user and a database for galaxy.
In the universe_wsgi.ini file I did the recommended changes and set this entry:
database_connection = postgres:///galaxydb?host=/var/run/postgresql
for the connection to postgres.
For test purposes I uploaded the test file from
http://galaxy.psu.edu/CPMB/TAF1_ChIP.txt.
After uploading the file I get a warning that "required metadata values are
missing". Auto-detect doesn't help. Since it all works fine with sqlite, I assume an
incorrect configuration of the postgres user and|or a missing or false entries in
pg_hba.conf or universe_wsgi.ini.
Hi Christian,

Are there any messages related to metadata in the Galaxy server output
(paster.log or console output)?

--nate

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Christian
interface at:

   http://lists.bx.psu.edu/
Hi Nate,

these are the entries concerning metadata in the paster.log:

set_metadata.sh ./database/files ./database/tmp /extern1_512gb/cdreischer/galaxy-dist datatypes_conf.xml None database/tmp/metadata_in_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_7q40pL,database/tmp/metadata_kwds_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_sQy7Sw,database/tmp/metadata_out_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_4PrDHi,database/tmp/metadata_results_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_HhKfrH,,database/tmp/metadata_override_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_l9bvY5 galaxy.jobs.runners.local DEBUG 2011-02-16 16:19:56,486 execution finished: /extern1_512gb/cdreischer/galaxy-dist/set_metadata.sh ./database/files ./database/tmp /extern1_512gb/cdreischer/galaxy-dist datatypes_conf.xml None database/tmp/metadata_in_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_7q40pL,database/tmp/metadata_kwds_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_sQy7Sw,database/tmp/metadata_out_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_4PrDHi,database/tmp/metadata_results_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_HhKfrH,,database/tmp/metadata_override_HistoryDatasetAssociation_4_l9bvY5 galaxy.datatypes.metadata DEBUG 2011-02-16 16:19:56,931 loading metadata from file for: HistoryDatasetAssociation 4
galaxy.jobs DEBUG 2011-02-16 16:19:57,019 job 8 ended
galaxy.datatypes.metadata DEBUG 2011-02-16 16:19:57,020 Cleaning up external metadata files

I also set
"set_metadata_externally" and "retry_metadata_internally" to True, unfortunately without any change.

-Christian