On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Ryan Golhar <golha...@umdnj.edu> wrote:
> Ok, I don't know what happened with this...I reinstalled from scratch and ...
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/tools/new_operations/get_flanks.py", line
> 16, in ?
>  File
> "/home/galaxy/galaxy-dist/lib/galaxy/web/framework/helpers/__init__.py",
> line 29
>    return (content if len(content) <= length else content[:length].rsplit('
> ', 1)[0]+suffix)
>                     ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

I deduce you're using Python 2.4, since that line of code
is using the ternary operator added in Python 2.5
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0308/

Now that it has been reported I think it will be fixed to work with
Python 2.4. However, the Galaxy team have indicated they will
be dropping Python 2.4 (probably this year) so if I were you
since this is a new setup I'd install Python 2.6 on this machine
(Galaxy doesn't yet support Python 2.7).