Hi all,

I'm currently working on setting up a fresh Galaxy server at our institute. I'm going through the tool dependencies list and install everything on it. I installed the latest R version (2.12.2) and now I'm trying to install rpy. With some workarounds I managed to compile rpy, but when I try to import it in python, I get the following error:

>>> import rpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "rpy.py", line 134, in <module>
    """ % RVERSION)
RuntimeError: No module named _rpy2122

      RPy module can not be imported. Please check if your rpy
      installation supports R 2.12.2. If you have multiple R versions
      installed, you may need to set RHOME before importing rpy. For
      example:

      >>> from rpy_options import set_options
      >>> set_options(RHOME='c:/progra~1/r/rw2011/')
      >>> from rpy import *

It looks like my version of R isn't supported by rpy. Does anybody know which version of R still works with rpy? I couldn't find anything about it. What about rpy2? Is it not supported by Galaxy?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Sarah Diehl