On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 03:46:13PM -0500, Bonci, Timothy Daniel wrote:
> I have an interactive applet that visualizes data produced by Galaxy.
> The applet, being run client side, does not have access to the file
> system of the server, so passing history files by reference (path)
> won't work.  All the files are available directly to the browser
> through a url, but I can't figure out a way to get that url.
> Alternatively, If anyone could help me find the history.htm file
> internally I could have the program that preps the applet parse that
> for the urls.

Tom, there should be an easier way for you to get the URLs.  If you
configure your applet as an ExternalDisplayApplication:
https://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/wiki/ExternalDisplayApplications/Tutorial

you can define the tool using XML get a public URL to the data file
passed directly to the URL invoking your display/applet.

--
Ry4an Brase                                         612-626-6575
Software Developer                                  Application Development