As use of our Galaxy installation is picking up, we're getting a lot of
requests for greater fairness and transparency in the Galaxy job runner
area.

As I understand things the primary tool Galaxy gives us to affect
processing order and wait times with our torque-based setup is the
ability to map specific tools to varying queues or to keep them on a
local-runner.

On one end of the spectrum I could see a simple division of
small/fast/light jobs on local and big/heavy/slow job on a single
cluster queue.  On the other extreme one could set up a queue per tool
and use sophisticated queue management stuff on the torque side of
things to balance capacity across tools, users, expected processing
time, etc.

How are other sites handling this?

--
Ry4an Brase                                         612-626-6575
Software Developer                                  Application Development