On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.c...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just updated my Mac development machine with the latest
> galaxy-central, and run.sh tells me the database needs to be updated
> from 73 to 75. Note this is running on SQLite. Running manage_db.sh
> upgrade gives an ImportError: No module named migrate.versioning.shell
>
> I just grabbed a fresh hg clone and it worked, but in case there is an
> obvious bug lurking here, the full output is below (and I'll keep the
> broken install on disk a bit longer in case there is anything else you
> need to know).
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

I just got the same issue with 75 to 76 on this machine :(

$ ./run.sh
galaxy.model.migrate.check DEBUG 2011-03-11 11:09:40,719 pysqlite>=2
egg successfully loaded for sqlite dialect
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/pjcock/repositories/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/web/buildapp.py",
line 82, in app_factory
    app = UniverseApplication( global_conf = global_conf, **kwargs )
  File "/Users/pjcock/repositories/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/app.py",
line 32, in __init__
    create_or_verify_database( db_url, self.config.database_engine_options )
  File
"/Users/pjcock/repositories/galaxy-central/lib/galaxy/model/migrate/check.py",
line 102, in create_or_verify_database
    % ( db_schema.version, migrate_repository.versions.latest ) )
Exception: Your database has version '75' but this code expects
version '76'.  Please backup your database and then migrate the schema
by running 'sh manage_db.sh upgrade'.

then:

$ sh manage_db.sh upgrade
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./scripts/manage_db.py", line 12, in <module>
    from migrate.versioning.shell import main
ImportError: No module named migrate.versioning.shell