On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Nate Coraor <n...@bx.psu.edu> wrote:
> Peter Cock wrote:
>>
>> $ python -ES ./scripts/fetch_eggs.py
>> Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/Mako/Mako-0.2.5-py2.6.egg
>> Fetched http://eggs.g2.bx.psu.edu/PasteScript/PasteScript-1.7.3-py2.6.egg
>
> Were there really no eggs, or did you remove your eggs directory prior
> to running this fetch?

I can't tell you if there were no eggs (I'm fairly sure there were
some), but I hadn't removed any deliberately. Might that have
happened via hg update clean?

>> $ python -ES ./scripts/manage_db.py upgrade
>> 75 -> 76...
>>
>> This migration script fixes the data corruption caused in the form_values
>> table (content json field) by migrate script 65.
>>
>> No corrupted rows found.
>> done
>>

>> Job done - thanks! This also worked on the old install I had stuck on DB
>> version 73. Does this help explain what the root cause of the problem is?
>
> Depending on the answer to the above question, it means there is
> probably (still) a bug in the egg conflict/resolve code somewhere.

I will be in touch if this happens again (and it probably will next
time the database schema is updated), but if you want I could
try and reproduce it by doing a clean checkout of an old revision,
running galaxy, then try to update it to the current code.

Regards,