Martin,

There were a few issues with postgres 9 that were fixed in changeset 5074, what
revision is your galaxy instance running?  If you are running something newer
than that, could you explain more explicitly the steps to reproduce the server
error?

Also, I've moved the thread to galaxy-dev since this involves a local instance.

-Dannon