Yes, see the run_unit_tests.sh and run_functional_tests.sh scripts in the
Galaxy install directory.  To test against a specific db, set the following in
your path prior to running  functional tests:

GALAXY_TEST_DBURI=<your db connection string>

On Mar 21, 2011, at 2:11 PM, Ryan Golhar wrote:

> Are there any automated functional and/or acceptance tests that can be run on
> a locally installed Galaxy instance?
>
> I recently installed Galaxy here.  A few people in our group have encountered
> problems that have taken me a bit of time to track down. Having some form of
> automated tests would allow me to feel confident that most of Galaxy is set
> up right, and track down anything I might have missed.
>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private,
> confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of
> the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the
> intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the
> sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email
> including all attachments without reading them. If you are the intended
> recipient, secure the contents in a manner that conforms to all applicable
> state and/or federal requirements related to privacy and confidentiality of
> such information.

Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team
g...@bx.psu.edu