Revisiting the tooltip issue,
I'm still looking for the best way to disable them.

IMHO a seasoned galaxy user doesn't really need them,
and they still misbehave with Firefox 3.5.6 on Linux (and possibly on other
browsers) - ghost tooltips (especially the "show-param" window) linger on and
never disappear.

With the current very short delay, moving the mouse cursor quickly over the
history pane, it flashes with tooltips, I find it distracting.

Simply removing "static/jquery.tipsy.js" helps,
after that the tooltips are managed by the browser (or so I assume), so they
are ugly yellow, but at least appear only after a long delay, and are always
properly removed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
 -gordon