Dan, nothing like this is currently possible in galaxy-central. Builds are
handled very statically right now, just read at startup into a variable in
Galaxy util, which is then used in lots of places. To implement this would
require replacing all those accesses with a "get_builds" that would filter by
user. Additional complication comes from all the dynamic selects that work on
builds (e.g. mapping tools) that would need to be adjusted.

So, this would be pretty non-trivial. The additional abstraction would
definitely be a good thing if someone were to implement it, but it isn't on our
list at the moment.

On Jan 14, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Dan MacLean (TSL) wrote:

> Dear Galaxy,
>
> We have an internal installation of Galaxy running very nicely with a
> fair number of internally generated builds and plenty of data
> libraries, recently a user asked if it was possible to add a build and
> restrict to just a few users. Is this possible? I couldn't find any
> specific documentation on the subject.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Dan

-- jt

James Taylor, Assistant Professor, Biology / Computer Science, Emory University