Dave,

Most likely within a week.  If you wanted to go ahead and try it, the latest
changeset that affects the API is 5223:82f9422864ff.  You can snag that now
(the subsequent update from galaxy-dist will still work fine, when it comes
out) with:

% hg pull -u -r 82f9422864ff http://bitbucket.org/galaxy/galaxy-central/

-Dannon